Tuesday 24 January 2012

Skins Poster Design


This is the tester poster design that I created for a new series of Skins, having used filters, effects and basic techniques of Photoshop Elements.
I used effects such as Gaussian blur, colour dodging, layers set to multiply and many more to create a really nice design. I also had to figure out a nice layout so that everything would be evenly spaced and if not showing on a major level, at least blending into the background somehow.
I also added in slight vector art, with creating a 'dripping' effect from the title. This was because many magazines, particularly ones aimed at a younger generation, include some fort of illustration and vector artwork nowadays.
Everything I did for this will be great practise for learning how magazine covers are set out and created.

No comments:

Post a Comment