Saturday 24 March 2012

More Planning, Notes and Decisions

Upon thinking of names, I came up with the following ideas;
  • SOUND
  • PLUGGED
  • RECKLESS
  • TUNING
  • INPUT
  • CAGED
The name of my magazine will be 'Reckless'. I chose this name because I found it to be the most interesting and unique. It's also a word that isn't used a lot in normal life, but is commonly associated with the rock genre and teenagers.

This will be the logo:


My target audience is...

· Both male and female
· British (the bands that will be featured are going to be majority British)
· Any ethnicity although I feel white/Caucasian people will be more attracted to the magazine.
· Music fans of metal, alternative, rock and post-hardcore
· Students or working class (BC12)

I think a colour scheme involving black, white and pinks or reds might be a really cool choice. It seems to appeal most the people and is a very cool palette to work with. However, I should consider the idea of 'Warning' and danger design, so using yellow might be an essential for making my magazine look fitting (to theme and feature) and create a bolder, more relevant image.
I'm also going to go for the organised look so that people can follow a structure. I will however involve some form of randomization or abstract design so that the readers eye can wander around the page and want to explore it more.
I've also got to consider how I'm going to create the grubby/rough style without making it too easy so that the viewer can't read anything.
I have also decided that, from my questionnaire results, that the price will be £2.99. This is so it isn't drastically expensive to distribute, but still makes quite a big profit for a magazine in comparison to many others. Also the fact that it's aimed at a niche audience/it's quite specific means people will likely buy it if they are really interested in its content.

No comments:

Post a Comment